- 4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 egg, separated
4. Place dough in a greased bowl, turn once to oil surface of dough, and cover. Allow to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in volume.
5. Punch down, and let rest for 15 minutes. Shape into loaves. Place on a greased baking pan. Allow to rise for 1 hour
6. Brush with egg whites (not the yolk)
7. Bake at 190 degrees C for 30 minutes, or until done.